It’s almost like my drafts is actually a deep, dark, black hole, where future posts go to live out their life with very small chances of ever being seen again. Just this morning I was scrolling down half-written ideas when I came across a nomination for the Liebster Award by Ally. I’m so sorry this took so long to respond to, love! As ever, thank you a thousand for the nomination and I hope my answers to the questions keep you all entertained.
I did a bit of research on it since I wasn’t exactly sure what the award was for, but it seems to be about discovering new blogs! So, I can’t wait to tag some blogs that I’ve recently found great joy in.
- Answer the 11 questions you’ve been asked
- Nominate 11 other bloggers
- Ask your nominees 11 questions
- Let them know you’ve nominated them!
What books are on your 2019 TBR (if you’ve planned yet)?
Literally all the books that are on my bookshelf at home, which is literally 8 full shelves. I have been neglecting my own collection in favour of shiny new purchases and new releases and library books, and I really need to get my own read before it becomes a problem. I’ve planned a TBR for December but that’s as far as I’ve gotten.
What’s your favourite movie adaptation?
This feels like a loaded question! In terms of quality adaptation in which the material that makes it into the movie perfectly balances with new features, I would have to say Catching Fire. I thought that was a phenomenal adaptation (outside of the whole Katniss/Gale thing, but I digress).
But like, just in general, I thought Me Before You was great (maybe not my fave, but I cried my heart out).
If you could only name your children after Harry Potter characters, what names would you use? (if you haven’t read Harry Potter, choose your favourite series!)
LIKE I HAVEN’T BEEN THINKING ABOUT THIS MY ENTIRE LIFE. I like Hermione of course, but my favorite character at the moment is Tonks, although perhaps calling a child Nymphadora is an act of cruelty? I also really love the names Minerva and Fleur. But also Sybil – even if Professor Trelawney isn’t my fave. No boys’ names though, sorry – but if I could find a way to subtly name my child after Remus Lupin, I would.
What’s the shortest book you’ve ever read?
I think if we went really specific, what makes a book a book and not a novella or short story? Where is the line? Are we including picture books? Alice in Wonderland is considered a book, but it’s only 92 pages. I’ve read short stories longer than that.
But if you think I’m not going to take this opportunity to mention Of Mice and Men, you would be very, very wrong. It’s 107 heart-wrenching pages and you should definitely read it.
Recommend a book you think I’d like
Ooh Ally, I think you would appreciate The Radium Girls a lot!
What’s your favourite read so far this year?
That’s gonna be a tough one, because I’ve read 119 books so far this year which is over TWICE as long as any other year that I’ve been keeping track??? The first book I read this year was Tom Hanks’ Uncommon Type and that literally feels like a millennium ago.
Just kidding it’s Thunderhead.
It’s always Thunderhead.
What book did you have to read for school did you enjoy?
A few actually!! I either really loved a book or really hated it, there’s not usually much in between.
Between the World and Me was stunning and very, very necessary, Antigone was great, and The Crucible rounds out three.
There’s more, but it will never, ever be The Stranger.
What’s a topic you’ll always read about?
Which book character do you relate to the most?
It’s way overdone, but Hermione Granger, probably.
What’s your current favourite TV show?
My favourite TV show is and always will be Pan Am. RIP.
What’s your current favourite book cover?
I think the cover of Big Water is quietly beautiful.
My questions for you:
- If you could play any book character in its film adaptation, who would it be?
- What is one book you wish you had never read?
- What is one book you think appeals to everyone?
- Would you rather have Belle’s library, or the Hogwarts Library?
- Would you rather only read new books, or never read a new book again?
- If you could only read one genre for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- If you could only read one author for the rest of your life, who would it be?
- What will automatically make you dislike a book or author?
- Do you prefer when books are turned into films, or TV shows?
- If you could gender-bend any book, what would it be?
- Which character would you switch lives with if you had to?
* I know that’s not 11, but I don’t follow THAT many people and I don’t want to be hounding them all with tags all the time!
As always, no pressure if you don’t feel like writing the post! Have a great week y’all ❤